Plan on moving to Georgia? If you are familiar with Georgia or dont have a clue of what the state of Georgia is like, we want to give you a few tips on what the state is like, how to move to Georgia safely, and a few fun facts that will help you on your new venture to the Peach State.
Why the Peach State? Georgia has proclaimed this nickname because of its reputation for producing high quality fruit peaches. There is more to Georgia than just fruit. Georgia is also known for great entertainment, food, and travel opportunities making it a great place to live.
If you are big on traveling, you have probably landed at one of the busiest airports in the world, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport located in Atlanta. As the airport hub of the south, you can get to almost anywhere in the world. With a variation of opportunities seize, why not move to Georgia?
Georgia State Moving Information
Depending on the state you plan on leaving, moving laws may be different than Georgias moving laws. You need to not only understand your current states moving laws but Georgias as well. The Georgia Movers Association (GaMa) can help you understand your rights as a mover, locate Georgia movers, and print out a comprehensive moving checklist.
Georgia Movers Association provides some great tips for selecting a mover in Georgia:
- Verify the movers license by calling the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicle Safety Commercial Vehicle Section at 678-413-8575. It is against the law if a mover is unlicensed.
- Check your local Better Business Bureau about constant complaints.
- Check a movers GADMVS certificate, workers compensation and liability insurance coverage and reputation. The GADMVS requires such coverage.
- Check the telephone listings for last year.
- Get recommendations.
For more information on movers or if you have general questions, please contact Georgia Movers Association at:
Georgia Movers Association
P. O. Box 386
Bolingbroke, Georgia 31004
Telephone: (478) 718-2868
Facsimile: (478) 757-1949
State Related Facts
- State Capital: Atlanta
- Georgia State Nickname: The Peach State
- Georgia State Motto: Wisdom, justice, and moderation
- Georgia leads the nation in processed chicken
- The annual Masters Golf Tournament is played at the Augusta
- Every town in Georgia, no matter how small, is legally considered a city
Moving to Georgia no longer has to be a blind folded adventure. Get free long distance moving quotes in Georgia to start your stress-free move!