Remember that line from Kevin Costner’s 1989 blockbuster, Field of Dreams? Build it and they will come. The movie is set in Iowa, but it gets just one thing wrong. You would not need to build anything to get people moving to Iowa. Iowa already has everything.
The best part about Iowa residents is they will always welcome you with a friendly, genuine smile. Heavily in to their politics, Iowans host the popular Iowa caucus that leads up to the presidential race. And just like their political stance, you can expect Iowans to be honest and straightforward citizens.
If you are expecting a metropolitan feel, the only place to get that environment is in Des Moines. Otherwise, you can expect heavily rural areas filled with pastures of corn, soybeans, and vineyards. Iowa weather is suitable for the agriculture and natural resources that stand among the Mississippi River and the Missouri River.
Long Distance Companies in Iowa, IA
Iowa living is considered easy going and 123Movers.com wants to bring that same approach to the moving process. Finding a moving company in Iowa should not be a complicated process. Actually, we believe finding a mover should be the easiest part to the process. 123Movers has stepped in and created a process that makes finding moving companies in Iowa a breeze.
Simply fill out the quote form and you will be connected with multiple moving companies in Iowa. There is no searching or uneasy feeling of speaking with unqualified movers in your area. Put your mind at ease by using 123Movers for your next move.
Now that you’re moving to Iowa, there are a couple things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- The state capital of Iowa is Des Moines. The capitol building is located at East 9th and Grand. It was built between 1871 and 1886 and features a dome gilded with 23-karat gold leaf.
- Far from the Ivy League giants, the University of Iowa’s Writer’s Workshop is the country’s premiere program for aspiring novelists and poets.
- The largest Amish community west of the Mississippi is located in Kalona, Iowa.
- Think tough guy actor John Wayne was a real cowboy? Not so. He was born in Winterset, Iowa.
- Iowa State University is the nation’s oldest land grant university.
- Junk mail (a.k.a. direct mail advertising) was invented by Iowan Lester Martin in the 1920s.
- The Hawkeye State was originally home to over 17 different Indian tribes, including the Ioway, Sauk, Mesquaki, Sioux, Potawatomi, Oto and Missouri.