Relocation in Tennessee
America marches to the beat of Tennessees drummer, guitarist, bassist and vocals. The unique rhythm of Tennessee life has spawned musicians and others to be heard around the world. In Memphis, at the extreme southwest tip of Tennessee where the states rich farmland meets the Mississippi, you can stroll down Beale Street, where the blues were born and legends were made. A couple of hours northwest on I-40 will take you to Tennessees other musical Mecca, Nashville.
Bordered by Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, and Virginia you are easily accessible to long distance moving companies in Tennessee. No matter where you are moving to, there is a mover in our directory that can get you there within a timely manner. Speak with reputable moving companies that care about your move.
Now that you are moving to Tennessee, there are a couple facts about moving and the state you will want to keep handy:
Tennessee Moving Information
With hundreds of moving companies covering the Tennessee, how are you certain that you have selected a reputable mover? To combat illegal movers, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has created laws and regulations to prevent fraudulent activity within the industry.
Here are some tips for a successful move:
- Plan your move in advance, 2-6 weeks if possible.
- Find out if the mover is registered with the FMCSA. Visit protectyourmove.gov to research registered movers.
- Get several written in-home estimates from movers. Give yourself enough time to compare movers, costs, and services. Ask what the preferred method of payment is prior to the move.
- Avoid verbal quotes given over the phone.
- Have a clear understanding of who will be performing the move. Get information about how to contact the mover before, during and after the move.
- Do not sign blank forms. Thoroughly read over the contract and get everything in writing, including estimates.
- Be present at the time of loading and unloading.
- Find out what the mover coves if there are any damages or loss during your move.
For information on moving, finding registered movers or making a complaint, visit www.protectyourmove.gov or call 1-888-DOT-SAFT (1-888-368-7238).
State Related Facts
- Capital City:Nashville
- Tennessees population is 5,689,283
- There were more National Guard soldiers deployed from the state for the Gulf War effort than any other state.
- The Tennessee Aquarium is the largest facility of its kind to focus on fresh water habitat. It features 7,000 animals and 300 species of fish, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and mammals.
- Elvis mansion at Graceland is the second most visited house in the country, just behind the White House.