Long Distance Moving Companies in Ohio, OH
For the state that holds the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, there are plenty of moving companies that are prepared to rock and roll with your move. 123Movers.com has a network of long distance Ohio moving companies that are experienced, knowledgeable, and licensed to handle your move. Our extensive list of qualified long distance moving companies in Ohio makes it easy for you to choose the company that fits your needs.
No matter what brings you to Ohio, you will most certainly need a qualified moving company to help you achieve a successful move. Moving in or out of the state of Ohio will require you to know how to avoid moving scams. If you dont know where to begin, it starts with 123Movers.com. 123Movers.com wants to make sure your move is fully protected from start to finish. Our goal is to equip you with the knowledge that will make your move a complete success.
State of Ohio Moving Information
If you want a successful move, it begins with knowing what your rights are as a mover. The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) in conjunction with the Ohio Association of Movers (OAM) has created a forum for state certified relocation professionals. Movers held to the high ethics who strive for excellence follow and uphold the guidelines provided by PUCO and the OAM.
The Ohio Association of Movers suggests that you:
- Check around
- For your own protection, be sure the mover you hire is licensed
- Be sure you know the actual name of the company you hire
- Require a written estimate
- Beware of Interstate laws in Ohio
- Consider more than just the rate
- Avoid Movers in Ohio offering discounts. For residential moves within Ohio, discounts are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Federal law requires that moving companies provide customers with the following two publications: "Ready to Move?" (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration publication FMCSA-ESA-03-005) and "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move" (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration publication FMCSA-ESA-03-006)
For more information on moving guidelines for long distance moving companies in Ohio, visit The Ohio Association of Movers site to find members, get state related facts, and more.
State Related Facts
- State capital and largest city is Columbus
- Ohios nickname: Buckeye State
- Name: From the Iroquois word meaning "Great River"
- Length and Width: 220 miles long and 220 miles wide at its most distant points
- Ohios economy is one of the most industrial in the U.S.