During one of the biggest times in your life, you should feel comfortable about picking a moving company to handle your move. When it comes to your money and possessions, its important to find a mover thats reliable, trustworthy, and honest when it comes to moving.
123Movers.com works with the highest regarded moving companies in Maryland. Companies within our network have several years of experience making customers happy. Get information on interstate moving companies and guidelines they must follow.
Maryland Moving Information
123Movers.com works with moving companies that follow the strict guidelines of the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration. Different from intrastate movers, interstate (out-of-state) moving companies in Maryland follow guidelines that pertain to consumers shipping goods across state lines.
Understanding your estimate is one of the biggest confusions with moving across state lines. Estimates from long distance moving companies operate differently from that of a local mover. Here is some basic information on getting an intestate estimate:
- For state-to-state moves, estimates are based on the weight, distance, and additional moving services requested.
- For a more accurate estimate, show the mover all of your belongings.
- Interstate moving companies are required to give you a copy of the booklet "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move."
- If your bill is higher than the estimate, movers must release items as long as you pay 110% of the nonbinding estimate.
- Consumers are charged according to the tariff provided by the movers for the actual weight of your shipment.
State Related Facts
- Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland.
- Francis Scott Key wrote the "Star-Spangled Banner" in Baltimore, while watching the bombardment of Fort McHenry during the War of 1812.
- Maryland is the 19th most populous state in America even though its only the 42nd largest.
- The first dental school in America started at The University of Maryland.
- Baseball legend Babe Ruth was born in Maryland.
- Annapolis, MD is home to the U.S. Marine Corp.