There is only one place on earth that where the people speak English as well as French and can cook some of the spiciest food. The states hallmark Zydeco music and much of its French ambiance is the product of Cajuns - French Canadians who fled to Louisiana in the 1700s.
Louisiana evokes colorful images: wrought iron gates and bright pink stucco in New Orleans Garden District, raucous Mardi Gras revelry up and down the Mississippi. Behind the washboard rhythms lie a deep, sultry mix of Creole, African, Spanish and Anglo influences that make Louisiana a demographers delight.
Long Distance Companies in Louisiana, LA
Louisiana moving companies cover the flat land state from New Orleans to Shreveport ready to help individuals move. 123Mover.com has made it possible for you, the customer, to find long distance moving companies in Louisiana without aimlessly searching online. Get access to movers in your area who are licensed and insured to handle your long distance move.
Take control of your move from start to finish. Fill out the online quote form and be contacted by email or phone to talk about your upcoming move with multiple long distance moving companies in Louisiana. Without any leg work, you are now in the driver’s seat of your move. Select a moving company that will fit your needs and budget.
Now that youre moving to Louisiana, itll help to keep the following facts in mind:
- Louisiana has a population of 4,468,976.
- Louisiana is the 31st largest state in the U.S.
- In Louisiana, its considered simple assault to bite someone. But if youre wearing false teeth, its considered aggravated assault.
- Louisiana doesnt have counties; instead, its divided into parishes.
- The Louisiana State Capitol in Baton Rouge is the tallest legislative building in the country. Its 450 feet (34 stories) tall.
- The states name comes from early French explorers, who named it Louisiana after their King, Louis XIV.
- The famous Battle of New Orleans, which made a national hero out of Andrew Jackson, was fought two weeks after the War of 1812 ended. Word of the peace deal hadnt yet reached Louisiana.
- Louisianas economy is thriving and diverse: tourism brings in hundreds of millions of dollars each year, as does trade through the Port of New Orleans. Louisiana also processes and refines much of the oil pumped by offshore rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.