Of course when you think of New York
, typically you think of New York City. As the third most populous state, there are plenty of places to live in the state of New York, but New York is most recognized for the five Burroughs; Manhattan
, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island.
You have no idea that you are missing out on other beautiful parts of the state. Upstate New York which features areas like the Catskills, the Adirondacks, the Finger Lakes, and the Greater Niagara region provide you with beautiful scenery, a calm lifestyle, and a relaxing atmosphere. No matter what part of New York you live in, it is one of the best places to live.
What You Should Know About Movers in New York
Finding Movers in New York
Finding a local mover in your area could be easy or the hardest task during the planning stages of your move. Whatever the case may be, you need to find a qualified mover that can meet the needs and request of your move. Your planning stages just got easier with 123Movers.com. We help you find the right movers in your area without you leaving your computer.
Need additional resources? The New York State Movers & Warehouse-men Association (NYSMWA) offers great suggestions to make sure you get the mover that is right for you. Members of NYSMWA have provided their DOT certificate, workers compensation insurance coverage, and reputation before acceptance.
Although members are reviewed before acceptance, you should still:
- Read moving company reviews
- Make sure the mover you are considering is duly licensed by the N.Y. State Department of Transportation as required by law and that his DOT certificate number is legitimate. Call (800) 786- 5368 anywhere in New York State.
- Ask if the mover has workers compensation insurance coverage. The DOT requires each mover to have such coverage.
- Review the Protect Your Move website forFederal consumer information & assistance site for interstate moving.
- Verify the place of business exists.
- Contact your local Better Business Office in New York.
Our full line of movers are ready to help you get to your destination. Speak with reputable movers in New York who can deliver in clutch situations.
New York, Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, Syracuse
- Statue of Liberty National Monument
- Niagara Falls
- George Eastman House
- Central Park
- Empire State Building
- Grand Central Terminal
- Population estimate: 19,306,183
- Persons under 5 years old: 6.5%
- Persons under 18 years old: 23.6%
- Persons 65 years old and over: 13.1%
- Female population: 51.6%
- Male Population: 48.4%