There’s absolutely no way you can leave the sunshine state. Beautiful beaches and outstanding weather make it hard to pick up and leave Florida. Although you may not be moving out of the state of Florida, you still need to find the right mover in Florida who’s great at intrastate moves.
What You Should Know About Movers in Florida
Finding Movers in Florida
Florida State Moving Information
Moving locally can be just as complicated as moving long distance in Florida. No matter where you are going, you still need to know your options and understand your rights as customer.
123Movers.com works diligently to make sure all of our movers in Florida have proper documentation to move but that doesn’t mean, you don’t have to do some research of your own. Although we work with some of the best movers in Florida, you should still:
- Verify that the moving company is licensed by contacting the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services at 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352).
- Check the Florida Movers and Warehousemens Association (FMWA) site at http://fmwa.site-ym.com/. Although it is not a requirement to be a member, it reassures you of their legitimacy as a moving business.
- Also visit the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website for additional information on verifying a mover is capable of moving in Florida.
It’s imperative to speak with movers and ask important questions that will make you feel at ease with your move. For more information on what to ask, visit our article Avoiding the Frustration of Moving.
Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Hialeah, Tallahassee, Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie, Pembroke Pines
- Walt Disney World
- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
- Kennedy Space Center
- Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay
- Universal Studios Florida® & Islands of Adventure®
- South Beach, Miami
- Population estimate: 18,089,888
- Persons under 5 years old: 6.3%
- Persons under 18 years old: 22.9%
- Persons 65 years old and over: 16.8%
- Female population: 51.0%
- Male Population: 49.0%