10 Ways to Relax After Moving
Moving from one residence to another can be one of the most stressful times our lives. Packing up, cleaning, and moving your most precious belongings can take all the energy out of you. After you have completed your move and it’s time to unwind, finding inexpensive ways to relax can be difficult. We’ve compiled a list of inexpensive ways to relax after moving.
- Take a day off and rest – There is nothing wrong with taking an additional day or two after moving to reenergize. Use this time to get some well rested sleep. Make sure not to oversleep, your sleep schedule will be off going forward.
- A walk in the park - Take a leisurely walk around the park and enjoy the scenery. Use that time to get your thoughts together.
- Watch A movie – Pop some popcorn and watch one of your favorite movies that are guaranteed to make you laugh. There is nothing like a good movie to get your mind off of stressful situations.
- Read a book - Finally finish a book you’ve been putting off during the move. Grab your favorite drink, a comfortable place to read and catch up on your favorite author.
- Massage day – After moving, you muscles have been put to great use and most likely need to be relaxed. The best way to loosen the tension in your muscles is with a great massage. Visit a daily deal site and purchase a 60 minute massage from your local day spa.
- Hang with friends - Invite friends over for game night and make sure everyone brings a dish for a fun filled night of games and food. Interesting conversation, potluck
- Exercise – Breaking a sweat is always good for the body. It allows you to loosen up muscles and release tension from stressful situations. Practicing yoga or even going for a light jog around the park will do a body good.