Need Help? Call Us! (855) 854-2801

Licensed Moving Companies

HomeMoving TipsLicensed Moving Companies
123 Movers - Quick Quote Engine™
Moving From Zip Code: Moving To State: Type of Quote:
Zip Code Finder    
When considering your relocation, 123 Movers is committed to the protection and education of its users in regards to the moving industry. Moving Companies must adhere to both federal and state level licensing and insurance requirements before they are allowed to transport your valuables anywhere in the US as well as be shown on 123 However, insurance and licensing can lapse, be revoked, or the Movers may have simply not renewed on time. 123 Movers has provided you with an accurate and current list of the federal and state agencies that record and maintain this information for the general public. If you have any questions about the moving company you have contracted for your relocation, please take a moment to contact the appropriate department listed below to verify the status of your potential mover.

Search federal records for moving companies by visiting Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration or check mover registration.

Feel free to write our Customer Service Department to let us know if you have any suggestions on how to improve our own monitoring system.

State Website State License Type
Alabama APSC# (334) 242-5180 APSC - Rates and Services - requires motor carriers of property with household goods authority, to file their rates and services with the Public Service Commission.
Alaska Not Regulated (907) 341-3200 No moving license is required
Arizona Not Regulated (602) 712-8188 Only declare Vehicle Gross weight to Dept. of Transportation
Arkansas Not Regulated (501) 569-2271 Interstate authority - Bingo Stamp - No local license required. Check status on website.
California CPUC# (800) 366-4782 Call to check status of license
Colorado HHG# or PRC# (303) 894-2000 Needs HHG - Household goods and PRC - Property Carrier
Connecticut CPTC# (860) 594-2820 CPTC - Connecticut Public Transportation Commission
Delaware Not Regulated (302) 744-2727 Not Regulated
Florida IM#, MV#, MR# (850) 410-3808 IM# - is only for local service. Call or check website for status.
Georgia GPSC# (404) 656-4501 Check status on website
Hawaii PUC# (808) 586-2020 Call Paul Nakayama or Bill Stokes
Idaho State Registration (208) 334-8000 Needs DOT and state registration. The phone number is better to look up
Illinois ILCC# (217) 782-6448 Needs ILCC# - Illinois Commerce Commission. Call Tina to check status
Indiana IHGC# (317) 615-7350 Needs IHGC# - Intrastate household goods Certificate #. Call Linda to check status.
Iowa IOWAMC# (515) 237-3264 Needs IOWAMC permit# -
Kansas MCID # (785) 271-3145 Opt 3 MCID - Motor Carrier Identification Number - There is a exception if the mover is in Missouri they can do local moves in Kansas.
Kentucky KIT#, KYU#, & IFTA# (502) 564-9540 Call for status
Louisiana LPSC# (504) 342-4439 or (888) 342-5717 (except those exempt by Louisiana law) Companies must obtain operating authority (either a common carrier certificate or a contract carrier permit) from the LPSC. Must also register and purchase an identification (bingo) stamp.
Maine Not Regulated (207) 624-9000 ext. 52127 No moving license is required
Maryland Not Regulated (410) 767-8000 No moving license is required
Massachusetts MDPU# (617) 305-3559 Check status on website
Michigan MPSC # (517) 241-6030 MPSC# - Michigan Public Service Commission
Minnesota MNDOT # (651) 366-3680

Call to check status on MNDOT#
Ask for Linda

Mississippi MPSC# (601) 961-5439 or (601) 961-5435
Check status on website
Missouri MoDOT# (866) 831-6277 Check status on website
Montana PSC # (406) 444-6195 (Wayne)
(406) 444-6198 (Nicky)
PSC - Public Service Commission
Nebraska Not Regulated (402) 471-3101 Need Approved Authority also need Form A - Household & Form H - Cargo, insurance
Nevada CPCN # (702) 486-3303 or
(775) 688-2800
Needs a CPCN # - Certificate of Public Convenience & Necessity Call Charlie to check list.
New Hampshire NHPC# (603) 271-2447 Call Terry for status
New Jersey NJPC# or NJPM# (973) 504-6475 or (973) 504-6512 Call for status
New Mexico PRC # (505) 827-4519 PRC# - Public Regulatory Commission. Call for status
New York NYDOT# (800) 786-5368 or
(518) 457-6583
Call Cathy on (518) 457-6583 for status
North Carolina NCUC-C# (919) 733-4036 Intrastate required - utility commission
North Dakota NONE (701) 328-2725 Needs a ND State #. Call Frank Laqua for status
Ohio PUCO# (614) 466-3392 Call for status
Oklahoma Intrastate License (405) 521-2965 Intrastate License they should have a Pin # Call for status
Oregon CAHG# (503) 378-4851 Certificate of Authorization movement of Household Goods. Check status on website, there is an updated list of movers that have all the right Authorization in order. Call Craig with any trouble.
Pennsylvania PUC# (717) 772-2254 Check status on website
Rhode Island Not Regulated (401) 941-4500 ext. 154 Call Elenor - Must have certification with public utility and carrier office and tariff on file. No license required.
South Carolina SCP-SC# (803) 737-0984 Check status on website or speak to Mr. George Parker
South Dakota Not Regulated (605) 773-3201 or (605) 773-5280
Needs nothing to move within the state. Only US DOT #.
Tennessee Not Regulated (615) 253-2293 Interstate authority - Bingo Stamp - No local license required. Call for status.
Texas TxDOT Motor Carrier (512) 936-7000 or (800) 299-1700 You need a Texas DOT # to check on website.
Utah Not Regulated (801) 965-4205 No moving license is required
Vermont Not Regulated (802) 828-4480 No moving license is required
Virginia VA DMV Permit (888) 878-2582 Check for proper insurance and registration on file with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Washington WTC# (800) 562-6150
(360) 664-1222
WTC# - Washington Transportation Commission. Call Tina for status
Washington D.C. Not Regulated (202) 442-4670 No moving license is required
West Virginia WVCPCN# (304) 340-0320 Need Certificate of Convenience & Necessity - Household Goods. Public Service Commission Required License Type: Regulated Work-Firm. Call to check status.
Wisconsin LC# (608) 266-1356 Needs a LC # - Local Cartage
Wyoming DOC# (307) 777-4850 Needs a DOC# from WY. Call for status

Thank You for visiting 123

© 2013 Dominion Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.